Sunday, August 7, 2011

Chanel Coco Rouge Lipstick in #05 Mademoiselle



When I started working after graduation earlier this year and received my first few paychecks, I started to think about what I wanted to purchase as my first small luxury item - the answer was obvious - something Chanel - something classic - which brought me to Chanel's new lipstick range, Coco rouge.

This new collection from Chanel was a campaign to "bring back classic lipstick", with Coco Chanel herself as the inspiration - her favourite beauty item was lipstick, and she was the first to design a bag (the 2.55 of course) with a special lipstick compartment (so that's where it came from! ingenious). Each shade is named after a part of Coco Chanel's life; Paris, Camellia, Mademoiselle. These lipsticks are meant to be long lasting, super hydrating with a range of different finishes.

With 30 shades, it was not easy to choose the right colour. I wanted something natural, pretty and feminine. The Chanel SA gave me a trial set - which contained Camboon (bright pinkish red), Mademoiselle (natural pink), Egerie (coral pink) and Venise (dark red).

I was immediately attracted to the soft, pretty pink of Mademoiselle and the pink coral of Egerie. I ended up purchasing the Mademoiselle as it has a more natural tone and is a easy colour to wear day to day. When I purchased this, I found out that the colour Vanessa Paradis is wearing in the campaign is the same shade! That sealed the deal.

Review of the lipstick:

Packaging: 5/5 blushes = Classic black and gold Chanel packaging, with embossing on the lipstick itself.
Scent: 5/5 blushes = it has a very mild classic rose scent.
Wear: 4/5 blushes = Lasts for the whole day in a dry office environment - even when eating/drinking! Chanel are famous for their long wearing lipsticks, I can totally see why.
Hydration: 3/5 blushes = I have quite dry lips, and this wasn't as hydrating as I would've liked.
Colour: 4/5 blushes = Colour stays true on the lips the whole day, satin finish.
Price: 3/5 blushes = $50 AUD. Pricey for a lipstick, but it's Chanel!

Overall:
4/5 blushes! It could be more hydrating, but this problem is easily solved by applying a balm such as Carmex (personal fave), chapstick, etc. I think later I will purchase Egerie and Camboon as well...gorgeous shades!


PS: I recently learnt a old but handy trick from Michelle Phan on extending lipstick life: apply lipstick, blot with tissue, keep the tissue on top of your lips and run a powder brush over the top, remove tissue then reapply. It works for me! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment