Sunday, July 25, 2010

BB Creams

For those out there who are looking for an alternative to foundation, BB cream is a great option.
It's a product that has swept all over Asia - in particular Japan and Korea.
What is BB cream? It's basically a makeup cream (similar to a heavier tinted moisturiser) that promises skin coverage, a high sun protection factor (spf), lightens skin, heals blemishes and prevents skin aging.

Differences between foundation and BB cream?
- Coverage: BB creams tend to be more of a light - moderate coverage. It won't hide all heavy blemishes.
- Shades: Foundations come in a variety of different shades to meet different skin colours. BB creams usually come in either one or two colours and mostly aimed at fair to medium skin types.
- Effect on the skin: from my experience, foundations tend to either do nothing to the skin or break it out into blemishes/clog pores etc. BB creams assist the skin and blemishes.























After being a long time foundation user, I switched to BB cream recently. I have skin that is very sensitive and breaks out easily and knew my foundation wasn't helping my skin at all, yet I needed to use it to hide those blemishes!
I'm finding that BB cream is helping my skin so much more. Even though I give up on medium to full coverage, overall my skin is looking so much better and is clearing up over time.

I chose Missha M Perfect Cover B.B. Cream namely because it is one of the more famous brands. Overall I'm enjoying it a lot. I also sampled BB Cream from The Face Shop which I thought was really good as well.
It's not meant for everyone but if you're sick of using foundation and your skin breaks out easily it might be good to give it a try!
Here's a swatch: I tend to swatch on the wrist. Sorry about the shocking lighting and weird angle!

No comments:

Post a Comment