Wednesday, July 28, 2010

James Brown London Haircare Intensive Moisture Mask



I have a weakness for blush, skincare, mascara and masks. I love masks. face, hair, body, I've tried ALOT. My latest find is the one I'll be reviewing today. I got a sample tube of the James Brown Intensive moisture mask when I purchased a magazine (forget which one).

James Brown is celebrity hairstylist whose most notable client (and best friend) is Kate Moss. They recently collaborated to promote his new haircare range, and I was fortunate enough to get my hands on a bottle of this amazing mask.

The mask contains soy protein and white tea to soothe and calm the scalp, while shea butter hydrates the hair. James Brown likened it to a "facial for the hair and scalp."

I wash my fairly long hair almost everyday, and because of this I usually have the common problem of dry ends and a oily scalp. A lot of hair masks I found made my hair either too oily, or it wasn't moisturising enough.

This mask was perfect for my hair. It made my hair feel so soft, shiny, silky and MOISTURISED. My scalp felt comfortable too. And the most surprising thing is, it lasts. Seriously. I did this mask on Sunday, today is Wednesday and my hair still feels silky and soft.

LOVE <3

The only small problem I would have with it is that it's smell is not the most appealing- it's not a bad smell, but it kinda reminds me of men's cologne!

Ratings:

Consistency: 4/5 it feels like a thick body lotion and stays on the hair well.
Smell: 1/5 It might appeal to some but for the results I'll endure it.
Results: 4/5 I seriously love this mask, but point off for the man smell.

2 comments: